LOEWEN – HANDCRAFTED. AUTHENTIC. ENDURING
Loewen is the leading manufacturer of premium windows and doors for the luxury architectural market in North America and abroad. In addition to proudly handcrafting enduring products that enhance beautiful architecture, we are an innovative organization that has evolved into a design-driven, technologically advanced company of the modern age. Our products are beautiful, and they are built to last through higher standards and authentic materials.
LOEWEN WOOD WINDOWS AND DOORS
Loewen is the leading manufacturer of wood windows and doors for the luxury architectural market
Loewen team is committed to producing handcrafted windows and doors. Our expert artisans ensure our fit-and-finish is unparalleled. These craftspeople are supported by high-tech, automated technologies, but it’s the skilled hands in our makerspaces that have earned us our reputation among discerning architects, builders, and homeowners.
- Our plant is made up of specialized makerspaces rather than traditional assembly lines; the expert craftspeople who occupy these spaces have decades of experience in their craft
- Small batch, tailor-made production is at the core of our manufacturing processes
- Our fit-and-finish is perfected by hand, resulting in an aesthetic that is second to none
- Our handcrafted production is supported by high-tech, automated technologies
Loewen use authentic materials of the finest grade. At our core, Loewen is a designer and manufacturer of wood windows and doors. We use solid wood laminations, not veneers. Our extruded aluminum is the highest quality. Our operating hardware is bronze, brass, zinc, and stainless steel – all genuine materials, not imitations.
- Our standard wood is Coastal Douglas Fir
- Alternate species such as Honduran Mahogany, White Oak, Accoya and others are also available
- We use solid wood makeups, not veneers
- Our operating hardware is solid metal, including bronze, brass, zinc and stainless steel
- Our Cyprium Collection features genuine Copper and Bronze with hand-soldered joints
Loewen designs are Enduring, both aesthetically and in performance. Loewen team works tirelessly to create products that are timeless, whether that means being true to historical architecture or by creating a lasting contemporary design. Behind the outward beauty is a functional performance that gives you an industry-leading experience for years to come.
- Sash and frame components are engineered laminations for strength and stability
- Moldings are solid wood as opposed to veneer-wrapped plastics
- Integral extruded aluminum nail fin is our standard, providing water and structural integrity
- Standard venting channel for extended sealed unit longevity
- Architecturally correct joinery such as triple mortise and tenon for superior structural integrity
- Factory assembled metal-clad architectural casings that are applied post-installation for maximum weather protection
Loewen is a socially responsible corporation, buying ethically produced materials and recognized for our leadership in energy conservation and environmental sustainability. Our focus on stewardship pushes us to re-use and re-engineer materials whenever possible, down to our sash shims. We recycle virtually all of the wood waste created in our manufacturing processes and even heat our plant with cut-offs during the frigid Canadian winters.
- We recycle 100% of any metal that goes unused during our manufacturing processes
- Our wood is engineered to minimize wood waste, and the little waste that does emerge is always re-used
Loewen windows and doors offer exceptional cradle-to-grave performance. Our generational windows and doors are beautiful, robust, and made with construction techniques that yield the sturdiest products in the market. After all, our products are designed and built in one of the coldest cities in North America. Because they perform here, they’ll perform everywhere.
DOUGLAS FIR AS STANDARD
Douglas Fir is North America’s most plentiful softwood species; Loewen provides Coastal Douglas Fir as our standard because it is the best species for luxury projects. Coastal Douglas Fir is the premium grade of Douglas Fir, being the strongest and most durable of all the soft woods. Not only does it give our products a rich, warm texture, it is also remarkably tough and resilient. By choosing Coastal Douglas Fir as our standard we promise a beautiful future for our customers.
SUPERIOR ALUMINUM CLADDING
Our heavy gauge extruded aluminum cladding retains its shape, resists denting and lasts longer than roll formed aluminum. Loewen’s window cladding is set away from the underlying wood, creating an air space that improves thermal performance and allows moisture to escape.
Robust design and engineering can achieve the ideal solution for any opening. Complete your vision with sharp design, customizable options, and the wide-open views that only Loewen can provide.
Unlike other companies, Loewen offers one line of specialized products. This allows us to focus all of our resources into a design that is both flexible and enduring. With this approach we can provide a vast selection of refined products to select from, with the ability to tailor our offering to meet your exact needs. Our goal is to help you realize your unique architectural vision and we will work closely with you to develop the products that will enable that to happen.
Savocchi provides a full range of Loewen products.